[Kamailio-Users] ACKed dialog remains in state 3 instead of 4

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri May 29 16:13:32 CEST 2009

Hello,

On 05/28/2009 02:48 PM, catalina oancea wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Actually reading RFC 3261 I see that the same callid must be used:
>
> This
>    Note that when requests are retried after certain
>    failure responses that solicit an amendment to a request (for
>    example, a challenge for authentication), these retried requests are
>    not considered new requests, and therefore do not need new Call-ID
>    header fields;

hmm, even the from tag should be preserved? What is the cseq in your case?

> I tried xlog to print $dlg(ref) when receiving 407, in the
> failure_route (actually it's 401, but that doesn't matter) and it
> printed <null>.

ahh, right, the 401 is coming from downstream, it is not replied by
kamailio.

> I also printed the dialogs using mi-fifo after the call was and it
> only showed one dialog.
>
> I don't know how long the first dialog lasts but I am sure that it is
> in the list because I added a debug message in the source printing
> "dialog_deleted" when the dialog is found and it is in state deleted.
>
> Why is it in state deleted and not actually removed? Why does the
> search stop when the dialog is found but it is in state deleted? And
> shouldn't there be only one dialog for both INVITEs, since, the callid
> and from tag is the same?

First dialog ended with 401, so cannot take new requests within.

In this particular case could make sense continue searching.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com/