[Kamailio-Users] ACKed dialog remains in state 3 instead of 4

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed May 27 17:14:33 CEST 2009

Catalina,

catalina oancea wrote:

> From what I know the record-route header is not compulsory, and
> dialog-matching can also be done using rfc dialog-matching instead of
> the did parameter in record-route (modparam("dialog",
> "dlg_match_mode", 2)). This is what I am trying to use, I don't want
> to use the record-route header at all.

It is true that you do not have to use the dialog fast-matching cookie
parameter in the Record-Route header.

However, you need the Record-Route header in order for the proxy to have
visibility into subsequent sequential requests within the dialog, so you
might as well use the parameter for faster matching.

In other words, if you don't add Record-Route, your proxy won't see
BYEs, re-INVITEs, etc.  See RFC 3261 20.30
(http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3261.txt):

20.30 Record-Route

    The Record-Route header field is inserted by proxies in a request to
    force future requests in the dialog to be routed through the proxy.

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems