[Kamailio-Users] [SR-Users] kamailio 3.0 config - routes with names

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed May 27 13:46:35 CEST 2009

On 05/27/2009 02:36 PM, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> 27 maj 2009 kl. 09.54 skrev Daniel-Constantin Mierla:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> to illustrate the new feature got by Kamailio to use names instead of
>> integer index when defining/calling route blocks, I have updated the
>> default config posted to the wiki:
>> https://sip-router.org/wiki/migration/kamailio-3.0-config
>>
>> The workaround in the past was to use M4 or other text preprocessors,
>> now can be done directly. It looks nicer and makes the config more
>> human
>> understandable.
>>

> That's a very good new feature. Are the number of route blocks not
> limited any more?

yes, you can have as many routes as your server's memory can handle.
Also, the old way of giving integer index is still available.
> Also, can we wish for a way to include files?

Some time ago I got a patch, but was intermediate work. It was not
updated since then by the developer, but is something I have in the
roadmap as well. No timeline yet...

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com/