[Kamailio-Users] "Detached" timer messages.

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu May 21 02:51:07 CEST 2009

Greetings,

I was wondering if someone fluent in the anatomy of the TM module can
tell me what this condition actually implies in a commonsensical sort of
  way, from a user perspective -- it is on line 861 in modules/tm/timer.c:

        /* check first if we are on the "detached" timer_routine list,
          * if so do nothing, the timer is not valid anymore
          * (sideffect: reset_timer ; set_timer is not safe, a reseted timer
          *  might be lost, depending on this race condition ) */
         if (new_tl->timer_list==DETACHED_LIST){
                 LM_CRIT("set_timer for %d list called on a \"detached\" "
                         "timer -- ignoring: %p\n", list_id, new_tl);
                 goto end;
         }

Reason I am wondering is that I got a few of these error messages in my
logs:

May 20 18:23:50 ser1 /usr/local/sbin/kamailio[25232]:
CRITICAL:tm:set_timer: set_timer for 1 list called on a "detached" timer
-- ignoring: 0x2a96cc0d50

And was not sure what to make of them.

Thank you!

--