[Kamailio-Users] xmpp, Jabber or Purple module?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue May 12 22:19:22 CEST 2009

Hello,

On 05/12/2009 12:43 PM, Henning Westerholt wrote:
> On Dienstag, 12. Mai 2009, Joao Gomes Pereira wrote:
> > I would like to create a gateway to allow my Kamailio clients to
> > send/receive Jabber messages, but I don't know which of these 3 modules
> > should I use: xmpp, Jabber or Purple.
> > Is xmpp module enough?
>

> Hi Joao,
>

> have not used any of the modules yet, but perhaps i can offer some
> general advice. The jabber module is the oldest of the three modules,
> its more or less in a deprecated state. The xmpp module is a good
> choice if you would like to interconnect only to XMPP. The purple
> module is the newest, and supports also additional protocols, so i'd
> choose this if you plan to interconnect to other protocols in the
> future. So i think its probably a matter of maturity (xmpp) vs.
> flexibility (purple).
... to complete, jabber module should be avoided. purple is the one that
should give same functionality in a better maner. xmpp is just
sip/simple to xmpp gw and tries to do it transparently (without need of
having a xmpp account if you are a sip user).

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com/