[Kamailio-Users] creating openser db on an external mysql server

Alex R.S.M alex_rsm at hotmail.com
Fri May 8 14:52:23 CEST 2009

Hi,

Still, I am have problem connecting kamailio to a remote mySQL. Here is what I have done so far:

Let's assume my kamailio and mySQL servers have the following IP:
Kamailio: 1.1.1.1
mySQL: 2.2.2.2

I granted "root" user to a access all tables from kamailio host:
GRANT ALL ON *.* TO root@'1.1.1.1' IDENTIFIED BY '????';

mysql> select host,user,password from user;
1.1.1.1      | root             | *669148???????????????????

After that, I prefectly can connect to the remote mySQL from kamailio directly using "root" user:
mysql -h 2.2.2.2 -u root -p???
Your MySQL connection id is 18
Server version: 5.0.51a-3ubuntu5.1-log (Ubuntu)
mysql>

However, When I try to create "openser" database using "kamdbctl create" command I am getting the following error:

$ kamdbctl create
MySQL password for root:
INFO: test server charset
INFO: creating database openser ...
ERROR 1044 (42000) at line 2: Access denied for user 'root'@'1.1.1.1' to database 'openser'
ERROR: Creating core database and grant privileges failed!

Here is my kamctlrc config file:

DBENGINE=MYSQL

## database host
DBHOST=2.2.2.2

## database name
DBNAME=openser

# database path used by dbtext or db_berkeley
# DB_PATH="/usr/local/etc/openser/dbtext"

## database read/write user
#DBRWUSER=openser

## password for database read/write user
#DBRWPW="openserrw"

## database read only user
#DBROUSER=openserro

## password for database read only user