[Kamailio-Users] Arbitrary contact added in 302 generated responses

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon May 4 15:31:57 CEST 2009

On Montag, 4. Mai 2009, Francisco Javier Lizaran Vilches wrote:
> It happens after one or two weeks of operation. Yes, it changes the
> contact header in every forwarding appending the same uri.

Hi Francisco,

ok, understand.

> If a restart is
> performed, after a few days it happens again but a different uri is
> appended this time, and so on. I have not noticed any other problem apart
> from that.

This looks like a random memory corruption to me at the moment, perhaps one
that is not in a really critical area, otherwise the server would definitely
crash.

> The only change made to this version was a backport of mysql
> module from 1.3 to avoid mysql connection problems (see that thread
> http://openser.org/pipermail/users/2008-February/016101.html ).

This is only a minor change, could not imagine how this could caused this
problem. I also backported this to our 1.3 version that we use in production.

If the server did is not is under a really heavy load, you could try to enable
memory debugging. (edit Makefile.defs file and remove from the DEFS string the
F_MALLOC define (delete ”-DF_MALLOC” line) and add the DBG_QM_MALLOC define
(insert a ”-DDBG_QM_MALLOC” line.) Then the server will do more run-time
checks in the memory manager and perhaps catch the bug when its happened.

Cheers,

Henning