[Kamailio-Users] sanity module trouble

kokoska rokoska kokoska.rokoska at post.cz
Tue Mar 31 12:52:36 CEST 2009

Hi all,

due to malformed INVITEs I'm receiving from clients I like to use sanity
module. But after few test I'm affraid I don't understand correctly how
it works :-)

1. I try to load the module:

loadmodule "sanity.so"
modparam("sanity", "default_checks", "999")

and kamailio rejects config with the:

ERROR:core:set_mod_param_regex: parameter <default_checks> not found in
module <sanity>

2. When I comment out "modparam", kamailio starts successfuly, but:
All INVITEs (from all clients) are reject through this snippet of code

if (method=="INVITE") {
  if (sanity_check("128")) {
    xlog("L_ERR", "bad INVITE SDP body length from $si:$sp\n");
    exit;
  } else if (sanity_check("1024", "7")) {
    xlog("L_ERR", "malformed INVITE from $si:$sp\n");
    exit;
  }
}

I don't think that all of them could have bad length on SDP body (about
120 diffenet UAC types), so I assume I use "sanity" wrong way...

Could you, please, shed some light to proper usage of sanity module?
Thank you very much!

Best regards,

kokoska.rokoska