[Kamailio-Users] New Error - Anyone Point me in the direction of what might cause this?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 09:17:00 CET 2009

On 03/24/2009 01:08 PM, Geoffrey Mina wrote:
> No I am not listening on localhost, but the machine is multi-homed.
>

> ###### Global Parameters #####
> debug=1
> log_stderror=no
> log_facility=LOG_LOCAL0
> fork=yes
> children=16
> disable_tcp=yes
> listen=eth0:5060
> listen=eth1:5060
>

> eth1 is the private LAN, and in this deployment no traffic is going
> over that interface.  The only reason I have it up is so that my
> nagios machine which has no public IP and no rules through our
> firewall can monitor it via OPTIONS messages.

Looks like the server is trying to forward via a blocked socket - bound
to firewalled eth1. Try to put a debug message to print the message
type, source ip, from, to for all messages getting to sip server. The
you will identify the case when such error occur and we can help further.

> Thanks!
> Geoff
>

> On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 8:45 PM, Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net> wrote:
>
>> El Martes, 24 de Marzo de 2009, Geoffrey Mina escribió:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> I have a couple instances of the following error in my logs.  I am not
>>> sure where to start here.
>>>
>>> ERROR:core:udp_send:
>>> sendto(sock,0x2ac741ab2828,999,0,0x2ac741ab0e50,16): Invalid
>>> argument(22)
>>> CRITICAL:core:udp_send: invalid sendtoparameters one possible reason
>>> is the server is bound to localhost and attempts to send to the net
>>> ERROR:tm:msg_send: udp_send failed
>>> ERROR:tm:t_forward_nonack: sending request failed
>>>
>> Are you listening (also) in localhost?
>>
>> --
>> Iñaki Baz Castillo

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
SIP Router Masterclass - Kamailio (OpenSER) Training
http://www.asipto.com/index.php/sip-router-masterclass/