[Kamailio-Users] [dialog module] set_dlg_profile() not working?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 10:23:43 CET 2009

On 03/24/2009 11:17 AM, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> 2009/3/24 Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>:
>
>>> Can you try using dlg_mange() instead of setting the FLAG_DIALOG?
>>> http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/1.5.x/dialog.html#id2531667
>>>

> Also, could I know the difference between setflag(FLAG_DIALOG) and
> dlg_manage() ?

For initial INVITE when setting the flag, the dialog is actually created
upon a tm callback. With dlg_manage() dialog is created immediately.

For requests withing dialog, the state is updated either when
loose_route() is executed or when dlg_manage() is called.

The need of dlg_manage() is especially when you have static routes
inside your network and you do not add Record-Route in all your servers.
Also, makes more clear when you get dialog related operations done.

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla
SIP Router Masterclass - Kamailio (OpenSER) Training