[Kamailio-Users] Contact Header

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 09:21:08 CET 2009

Hello,

On 03/19/2009 03:34 AM, John wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having troubles trying to figure out how to work with one of my
> providers. They require that Contact be the specific address of my
> server for authorization, however, Contact is always the address of
> the UAC initiating the call. I've tried to use
>
> subst('/^Contact:(.*)sip:[^@]*@[a-zA-Z0-9.]*:[0-9]+(.*)$/Contact:\1sip:2345550000 at 1.2.3.4:5060\2/i');
>

> and this works until a reinvite or a BYE is received. Kamailio follows
> the contact and sends it back to 1.2.3.4 like it's supposed to and
> loops around and around until max forwards is hit.
>

> Has anybody tackled this before or have any suggestions?
to be short, I could say: drop the provider. It is clear will loop as
you replace the address of UA with the address of the proxy.

As solutions:
- use a b2bua in front of that provider (asterisk, freeswitch)
- add a parameter to contact address uri (e.g., target) and you do
script operations to recover it.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
SIP Router Masterclass - Kamailio (OpenSER) Training
http://www.asipto.com/index.php/sip-router-masterclass/