[Kamailio-Users] Build for debug

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Tue Mar 17 12:37:22 CET 2009

On Tuesday 17 March 2009, mayamatakeshi wrote:
> sometimes when I'm investigating problems in my cfg files i think it
> could be easier to understand them if i could put some breakpoints on
> a gdb session.
> I don't grok makefiles yet. But I suppose there would be a command
> line option for the kamailio Makefile to instruct it to build the core
> and modules with debug symbols.
> So, how do you guys usually compile kamailio with debug symbols?

Hi mayamatakeshi,

if you compile from the source then its already compiled with debug symbols,
and the binary is not stripped, so gdb should work just fine. If you build a
debian package then the binaries are also compiled with debug symbols, but
they are stripped and placed in a separate -dbg package. You can then install
this debug package, and gdb should use this debugging informations.

Cheers,

Henning