[Kamailio-Users] Strange behaviour when RADIUS server is down

Antonio Reale ant.reale at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 10:32:59 CET 2009

2009/3/9 Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com>:

> is dialog module really using radius?  if not, perhaps it is accounting
> or something else that you have which uses radius.

Hi Juha,
RADIUS is used only for accounting. I don't see direct relationship
between RADIUS and dialog modules.
I think that it is due to the state of slowness caused by the absence
of the RADIUS server.
About this error Bogdan wrote on OpenSIPS ML:
"bogus event 6 in state 2 for" means ACK was received while still in
in EARLY state (no 200 OK received). This is a know bug...".

> if you want your proxy to work fine without having radius server
> running, i don't see any other way than stop using any radius based
> modules.

Sure.. I configured RADIUS in the kamailio script only in scenarios
that really need it. The problem here is:
what happen if the RADIUS server goes down for a fault? I expect that
calls are not accounted, but correctly routed.
Insted for two times I had a loss of service and I had to temporarly
disable RADIUS module to put it in service.

Is there any timer for the kamailio to wait responses by the RADIUS server?

> -- juha

Regards.
Antonio.