[Kamailio-Users] Redundancy and fault-tolerance

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Wed Mar 4 20:01:01 CET 2009

El Miércoles, 4 de Marzo de 2009, Uriel Rozenbaum escribió:
> When any of them has an issue I need the other to take the load but without
> restarting Kamailio (as i don't want to refresh cache). If I use
> 'listen=0.0.0.0' I'll have record_route to write wrong things on the SIP
> Header:

HeartBeat should manage the virtual IP (the service IP) and also the services
(as Kamailio).
This is, when HearBeat detects that node-1 doesn't work, it must up the
virtual IP in node-2, and *after it*, start Kamailio in node-2.
A service managed by HeartBeat CANNOT be running in both nodes,
it's "anti-HeartBeat".

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo