[Kamailio-Users] Redundancy and fault-tolerance

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Tue Mar 3 20:26:33 CET 2009

Alex Balashov writes:

 > So, include a test for reachability to the outside as part of your OCF
 > monitoring operations in the Heartbeat duty cycle.

where do you send the packet of this test?  what if that node is not
reachable, but other nodes on the outside are?

in my opinion, it is better to test from outside in, because if your
test node is broken, it does not cause any harm to the service node
(assuming that the test node gets fixed in due time).

-- juha