[Kamailio-Users] NAThelper and multipart SDP

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Thu Jun 25 01:00:20 CEST 2009

Andreas Sikkema wrote:
> On Jun 25, 2009, at 12:24 AM, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
>> El Jueves, 25 de Junio de 2009, Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana escribió:
>>> I think he is speaking about LAW requirements about
>>> call-recording/call-interception
>>
>> And why is forking required for that? if the audio goes through a
>> rtpproxy,
>> why is it required to fork it? why doesn't the recording take place in
>> the
>> same host?
>
> Because not every country allows telecom operators to record to WAV
> files on a generic machine and email/ftp/whatever every single file once
> a day to the authorities. Usually they want "realtime" access and in
> those cases you want to fork the media (and the signalling probably, I
> don't know for sure).

Exactly. There are countries requiring for example "PacketCable Event
Messages" compliant messages sent to LEA. Beside that, also
corresponding media has to be handed over. Just as an example.

This is a fact we unfortunately have to live with, no matter if OpenSER,
Kamailio, or Nortel CS2k or whatever is deployed...

Andreas