[Kamailio-Users] NAThelper and multipart SDP

Andreas Sikkema h323 at ramdyne.nl
Thu Jun 25 00:29:05 CEST 2009

On Jun 25, 2009, at 12:24 AM, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:

> El Jueves, 25 de Junio de 2009, Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana escribió:
>> I think he is speaking about LAW requirements about
>> call-recording/call-interception
>
> And why is forking required for that? if the audio goes through a
> rtpproxy,
> why is it required to fork it? why doesn't the recording take place
> in the
> same host?

Because not every country allows telecom operators to record to WAV
files on a generic machine and email/ftp/whatever every single file
once a day to the authorities. Usually they want "realtime" access and
in those cases you want to fork the media (and the signalling
probably, I don't know for sure).

--
Andreas Sikkema