[Kamailio-Users] [REQ, $] db_rest (or db_http) module for database access

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana rabs at dimension-virtual.com
Tue Jun 23 14:03:26 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 23 June 2009 12:41:22 Konstantin Cherkasov wrote:

> Kamailio is a "REST client" and REST is not requires XML.
> I think it will be like this:
> Kamailio <-> (TXT/CSV) <-> HTTP <-> REST server <-> ANY EXTERNAL DB
>
> So, which part is _realy_ slow in this setup?
> HTTP-server can be very fast. HTTP-server can be load-balanced and
> distributed. REST layer can be fast and use something like memcached for
> caching and call distributed database.

IMHO, you are facing the problem from the wrong side.

What is your final target? a high-end SIP infraestructure or a simple-medium
SIP system liked with a high-end CRM/ERP infraestructure ?

> I think the database is the real bottleneck in any setup.

Yes, that's true, but there are other way of facing that problem.

> Can Kamailio connect to several databases? No.

It can, not as you whant .. but it can.

> So, we use distributed database cluster (postgres + pl/proxy) and solve
> this bottleneck in our applications.

Similar to that, we use Kamailio+pgpool to archive HA-DB access

> > instead of:
> > Kamailio <-> LDAP <-> DB
> > or
> > Kamailio <-> ODBC <-> DB
>
> Yes, but what if I don't have plain DB?

But it's required for Kamailio to run, you could use whatever you want to
archive this, DB VIEWS, external proc's, etc.

> OK, do you ever hear about AUTH_RADIUS ? :-)

Yes, we know, at the end it's other DB  ;-)

--
Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Dimensión Virtual