[Kamailio-Users] [REQ, $] db_rest (or db_http) module for database access

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana rabs at dimension-virtual.com
Tue Jun 23 12:27:06 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 23 June 2009 10:53:07 Konstantin Cherkasov wrote:
> Hello, Raúl!
>
> >> It would provide access to database (internal database API) not
> >> management API. I want alias_db, auth_db, domain, group, usrloc etc. to
> >> work directly with HTTP/REST layer.
> >
> > This is a very, very, very, very, very bad idea from performance point of
> > view
>
> Do you realy think that LDAP or ODBC layers is better than HTTP?

Yes, are better, because are protocols with direct access/map to data, HTTP
it's a transport protocol, and you are requesting to use REST on top, so ...

Kamailio <-> REST client <-> XML <-> HTTP <-> XML <-> REST server <-> DB

instead of:

Kamailio <-> LDAP <-> DB
or
Kamailio <-> ODBC <-> DB

You will have a very high performance penalty, moreover on register/location
ops. Think about DB ops that ocurs on timer fires, like location cleaning
ops, nat-pinging ops, etc.  buff ...

--
Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Dimensión Virtual