[Kamailio-Users] [REQ, $] db_rest (or db_http) module for database access

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Tue Jun 23 11:27:39 CEST 2009

On Dienstag, 23. Juni 2009, Konstantin Cherkasov wrote:
> > you probably already investigated this, but are you aware of the
> > http_query function in the utils module?
> >
> > http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/1.5.x/utils.html#id2454145
> >
> > If this don't meet your requirements yet, perhaps it can be extended?
>
> Yes I know about http_query().
> But I would like to call save() or locate() or alias_db_lookup() instead of
> scripting.

Hello Konstantin,

understand, you'd like to use the normal DB API to do http queries. There is
the "perlvdb" module in kamailio, and the "ldap" module in ser that implement
something like a virtual DB interface with interfaces with non-SQL sources.
Perhaps you can take a look to them to get some ideas. It would be also
probably possible to implement this sort of REST-DB translation in perl with
help of the perlvdb module, but don't used this module yet.

Henning