[Kamailio-Users] NAThelper and multipart SDP

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Fri Jun 19 21:13:47 CEST 2009

Pascal Maugeri writes:

 > So if I understand well (please correct me if I'm wrong) the "plan" is:
 >
 > 1º) I install MediaProxy and use Kamailio MEDIAPROXY module instead of
 > rtpproxy/NATHelper
 >
 > 2º) filter the app/sdp part with
 >
 > if (has_body("multipart/mixed")) {
 >     if (filter_body("application/sdp") {
 >         remove_hf("Content-Type");
 >
 >         append_hf("Content-Type: application/sdp\r\n");
 >     } else {
 >
 >         xlog("Body part application/sdp not found\n");
 >     }
 > }

you don't need to call filter_body if you use mediaproxy.

 > 3º) then engage the media proxy with
 >
 > if (method==INVITE && !has_totag()) {
 >
 >     # We can also use a specific media relay if we need to
 >     #$avp(s:media_relay) = "1.2.3.4";
 >     engage_media_proxy();
 > }

i have never used engage_media_proxy() functions, because it makes some
assumptions that are not generally true.  i use use_media_proxy() instead.

 > 4º) finally put the body part(s) that have been removed in 1º) and relay the
 > INVITE to my next hop.
 >      I believe I can save the body part(s) in 1º) and put them back using
 > set_body(txt, content_type).

you don't need to do anything like that if you use use_media_proxy()
function, because it does not remove anything.

-- juha