[Kamailio-Users] Kamailio 1.5.1 on Amazon EC2

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana rabs at dimension-virtual.com
Mon Jun 8 23:22:33 CEST 2009

On Monday 08 June 2009 22:10:45 Alex Balashov wrote:
> Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> > El Lunes, 8 de Junio de 2009, Pascal Maugeri escribió:
> >> Hi
> >> We installed Kamailio 1.5.1 on a Amazon EC2 Fedora Core 9 image.
> >>
> >> As you may know EC2 maps a public IP address to a private IP address of
> >> the image, hence there is a kind of NAT. It looks presence does not work
> >> because of this. We'll try to make use of the NATHelper module ASAP.
> >>
> >> Except this point, everything looks to work pretty well.
> >>
> >> Does anybody has some experience with EC2 here ?
> >
> > Sincerelly, I would prefer a hosting provider which let me a real IP and
> > a real host (no virtualization).
>
> I agree.
>
> But it's an economic thing.

I don't think it's economic at all, moreover if you are trying to run in
bussiness for a long time.

On EC2 you have to pay for CPU time, for BW, for IP's, for HD space, etc. ...
at the end, you get a virtual host ... I prefer a dedicated server on any
other hosting provider, it will be cheaper on the long term.

--
Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Dimensión Virtual