[Kamailio-Users] received=IP added in Via

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Jul 17 12:16:10 CEST 2009

Catalina,

Klaus is right.  See RFC 3261 18.2.1 ("Receiving Requests"):

   When the server transport receives a request over any transport, it
   MUST examine the value of the "sent-by" parameter in the top Via
   header field value.  If the host portion of the "sent-by" parameter
   contains a domain name, or if it contains an IP address that differs
   from the packet source address, the server MUST add a "received"
   parameter to that Via header field value.  This parameter MUST
   contain the source address from which the packet was received.  This
   is to assist the server transport layer in sending the response,
   since it must be sent to the source IP address from which the request
   came.

-- Alex