[Kamailio-Users] sharing audio between SIP client and MSN client

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Jul 15 14:59:24 CEST 2009

Kamailio is also ONLY a SIP proxy as it related to "calls" (sessions),
with the exception of the purple module, XMPP gateway, XCAP, etc.
That's all chat.

So, if the MSN endpoint is not SIP, there is no non-chat-related
protocol support in Kamailio, of the sort that would be required to
establish a voice or video session between them. Instant messaging
aside, Kamailio expects to be dealing with SIP.

If the MSN endpoint were also SIP, they could agree upon a codec and
pass audio directly to each other.  As I said in my previous message,
Kamailio does not touch the audio path.  It's a moot point if MSN does
not set up voice and/or video using SIP, anyway.  You will need to
look elsewhere for a gateway, if such a thing exists.

--
Sent from mobile device