[Kamailio-Users] preparing kamailio 1.5.2

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 17:04:41 CEST 2009

Hello Marco,

On 13.07.2009 14:28 Uhr, Marco Bungalski wrote:
> Hello, Daniel,
>
> i know how to compile, but where to download the version with the bugfix
> included?

if you fetch from svn the branch 1.5 then it has the fix. Here is a
short description of how the versioning was done so far for kamilio
(openser) from svn:
- when a major version is released, a branch with the first two numbers
in the version is created (e.g., 1.5)
- for each minor version (including the .0 - corresponding to the major
version) a tag is created with name of the three numbers in version
- any fix for the major version is committed in the branch. Once a new
minor release is out, a new tag is created. Therefore, the branch has
all the time the most updated code for a specific major release. The
tags are snapshots at the time of release.

For the case of 1.5.x series:
- there is one branch 1.5
- now there are two tags on svn: 1.5.0 and 1.5.1, soon there will be 1.5.2.
- the tarballs are created from a svn checkout done as exampled in the
wiki page I sent to you.

probably reading a bit about svn (subversion) will help you. Anyhow,
next major version will use GIT.

Now, just to download the latest 1.5.x version, do:
svn co http://openser.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/openser/branches/1.5
kamailio-1.5

You need subversion package installed. The continue installation as you
do with the tarball.