[Kamailio-Users] new user

Johansson Olle E oej at edvina.net
Wed Jan 28 09:51:38 CET 2009

26 jan 2009 kl. 14.04 skrev Andy Nedelcu:

> Hey, I am new at working with SIP Servers and I was wondering if
> Kamailio has the same features as Asterisk. I have bought a PCI card
> for connecting to the phone line and I want to know how can I make
> Kamailio aware of this card or a simple phone modem. I use FreeBSD
> and the only version that I found was OpenSer 1.2.

Kamailio and Asterisk are two very different products. Read more about
them on http://www.voip-info.org to get some basic understanding.
Kamailio is a SIP proxy and Asterisk is a PBX. Asterisk has support
for cards connecting to phone lines. I think installing and using
Asterisk would be a good start. Download the online book from O'Reilly
on asteriskdocs.org and get going!

/O