[Kamailio-Users] [Serusers] SEMS 1.1.0 released

Stefan Sayer stefan.sayer at iptego.com
Wed Jan 21 00:12:33 CET 2009

Hi Adrian,

o Adrian Georgescu [01/20/09 23:47]:
> Hello Stefan,
>
> For my understanding, does SEMS depend on a certain type SER deployment
> or is independent of it? Is a technical question.

with its internal SIP stack (sipctrl) which is available
since 1.0 you can run SEMS completely independent from SER. But you can
also use SER2+sasi/SER 0.9.6/Kamailio and probably OpenSIPS as SIP stack
for SEMS. You get the best performance with the internal SIP stack, but
more flexibility when using SER2+sasi as SIP stack. Depending on the
platform architecture I would recommend using sipctrl and a separate
proxy, as it is much easier to set up.

Regards
Stefan

> Regards,
> Adrian
>
> On Jan 20, 2009, at 9:52 PM, Stefan Sayer wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Version 1.1.0 of SEMS, the SIP Express Media Server, has been
>> released. SEMS is a free, high performance, extensible media and
>> application server for SIP (RFC3261) based VoIP services.
>>
>> New in version 1.1 is:
>>  * DSM state machine scripting (it's cool!)
>>  * an (experimental) ISDN gateway module
>>  * binrpc: MT (SER->) and connection pool (->SER)
>>  * MT xmlrpc server
>>  * controlled server shutdown
>>  * improved logging
>>  * g722 in 8khz compat mode
>>  * out of dialog request handling for modules & dialogs without
>>    sessions
>>  * audio file autorewind, AmAudio mixing
>>  * SIP and media IP separately configurable
>>  * UID/DID support for voicemail/-box/annrecorder
>>  * and quite some bugs and mem leaks fixed, documentation, etc.
>>
>> You can get the sources from
>> ftp://ftp.iptel.org/pub/sems/sems-1.1.0.tar.gz
>> and find documentation and packages at
>> ftp://ftp.iptel.org/pub/sems/1.1/1.1.0/
>> and a debian repository (etch/lenny) at
>> deb http://ftp.iptel.org/pub/sems/debian etch free
>> deb-src http://ftp.iptel.org/pub/sems/debian etch free
>>
>> Further documentation, links to lists, tracker etc is available at the
>> project's homepage: http://iptel.org/sems/
>>
>> I would like to thank for all contributions and patches, this time from
>>  Stefan Sayer, Raphael Coeffic, Grzegorz Stanislawski,
>>  Bogdan Pintea, Greger Teigre, Rui Jin Zheng,
>>  Alfred E Heggestad, Juha Heinanen, Peter Lemenkov,
>>  Peter Loeppky, Robert Szokovacs, Jeremy A, Alex Gradinar
>>
>> Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message.
>>
>> Best Regards
>> Stefan Sayer
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Sayer