[Kamailio-Users] Error when fetching current user list

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 10:53:51 CET 2009

Hello,

On 01/19/2009 10:13 AM, Ali Jawad wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> At times when I want to get the current user list using
> /usr/local/sbin/openserctl ul show  I get this error
>

> **
>
> *ERROR: Error opening OpenSER's FIFO /tmp/openser_fifo*
>
> *ERROR: Make sure you have the line 'modparam("mi_fifo", "fifo_name",
> "/tmp/openser_fifo")' in your config*
>
> *           ERROR: and also have loaded the mi_fifo module.*
>
> * *
>
> *I dont think this is a configuration error, as killing and restarting
> openser does fix this.*

What is your openser version? Probably 1.3.x, right?
If you set up properly the mi_fifo module, link to documentation here:
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/1.3.x/mi_fifo.html

then check for other errors that may indicate a crash of the fifo
process. Make sure you run the latest version in that series, e.g.:
http://www.kamailio.org/pub/openser/1.3.4/src/

> With Regards
>

> Ali Jawad
>
> System Administrator