[Kamailio-Users] [OpenSIPS-Users] Registered user

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 17:36:23 CET 2009

Bogdan,

On 01/16/2009 06:22 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> You are rude and over the limit.
unfortunately you started ... I haven't said statements like "you are a
funny man", you started, I replied.

so check your behavior first before speaking about the others.

> I clearly see that the project is your play ground and place to show
> your frustration...
It is not my playground, openser/kamailio is (was all the time) governed
by a management board, it is not one man project at is is yours:
http://www.kamailio.org/mos/view/Management/

> ..just a huge lack of respect for other people here....
>
> Technically speaking, I will not comment your aberrations ....
>
> Regards,
> Bogdan
>
> PS: you know, do try to lie yourself and accept that openser split in
> 2 parts....whatever you like it or not.....if you think a SVN repo
> defines a project, well....good luck....
Some developers left, that is ok, all the time happens. But the project
is the same. You lie yourself and try to create confusion. Website and
sourceforge project are the same, with the content from the moment
openser project was started.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/openser/
http://openser.sf.net

I have nothing against new projects based on openser, it shows it is
reliable and good project. But stop creating confusion. You can reply
about your project on your mailing lists, and don't say that it is the
continuation of openser.

When I started with openser, I admitted I do a fork and focused on
making a better project. Didn't try to say it is continuation of SER or
so. What you do is pathetic, just make your project better and people
will use it, do not use dirty tricks.

Daniel

PS. If you know you are saying the true, do not drop addresses from cc
list, it is nothing to hide.

>>> I like you logic here :)..you are funny man :)...
>> :-)) ... now you are a good subject to make funny of....
>>
>> You rushed and did a quick commit and then came back providing a link
>> to a feature that didn't existed few minutes ago ... and yes it is
>> funny, because the similar behavior could be achieved already (so
>> initial link with few more details could get it done).
>>
>> The newer being better (how much better, have you tested?!?!) or not
>> is another topic. Don't forget to remove the old, lazy one, you can
>> do it in 30sec... (or, ahhh, you may want to preserve backward
>> compatibility, sorry...)

>>> Of course this notation is present since openser 1.3 and it was
>>> inherited by both OpenSIPS 1.4.4 and Kamilio 1.4.3,
>> You mean: opensips got it when replicated the source repository, as
>> Kamailio is the same project with OpenSER, you may want to check the
>> source tree repository:
>> http://openser.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/openser/
>>
>> So nothing to get from openser to kamailio, the are the same and only
>> one project.
>>

>>> but now we try to get a better approach of this functionality: why
>>> put the value into an AVP and let the function search all the time
>>> for that AVP (set or not set), when you can simply take advantage
>>> and directly pass the value as parameter to the function. You get
>>> read of (1) useless transit via an AVP and (2) useless AVP search
>>> all the time. Also you get a more compact and clear scripting....
>> Then start moving module parameters specifying avps to be get as
>> input for functions to parameters of the functions (e.g., you can
>> begin with tm) -- you know that also from openser, opensips got
>> support for config functions with more than two parameters.
>>
>> Daniel
>>

>>> Regards,
>>> Bogdan

Daniel-Constantin Mierla