[Kamailio-Users] Registered user

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 15:00:50 CET 2009

On 01/16/2009 03:53 PM, Alex Balashov wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> I am curious, what is the intended use case of this:
>
> "check if a user is calling from a registered device and if not, deny
> the call"
>
> Why not just issue a 407 Proxy Challenge for the incoming INVITE?
you must authenticate the call, this check comes after, to be sure the
user is calling from a phone that was previously registered (so it is
online).

If you check the discussions from the last days, one good thing of doing
this is to prevent SIP Digest Access Authentication RELAY.

One can call from a sip phone even that phone is not registered
(REGISTER-200ok).

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com