[Kamailio-Users] new feature: send sip requests from config file

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Jan 16 13:30:49 CET 2009

Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:

> method "ACCOUNTING" !!??  Hum, I should warn IETF people about it XD

I plan to use this to implement the SIP 4.0 draft as soon as is practicable.

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-kaplan-sip-four-oh-00.txt

In particular, I will be doing away with BYEs, CANCELs, and ACKs and
replacing them with permutations of an INVITE:

   "Unlike RFC 3261, there is only one method: INVITE.  There is no
    ACK, BYE, REGISTER, CANCEL, PRACK, UPDATE, INFO, MESSAGE, REFER,
    SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, PUBLISH, etc.  The concept here is simple: to
    make a session request (a "call") you use INVITE to "invite" a
    party to a session.  To end a call you INVITE the UA to leave.  To
    register, you INVITE a Registrar to send INVITEs to you.  To send
    a Instant Message you INVITE a UA to render the MIME attachment.
    To subscribe to event state notifications you INVITE a UAS to send
    you INVITEs for events, and the notification is an INVITE to the
    UAC of an event occurring.  To transfer a call you INVITE the
    caller to call someone else, or to join another session.  You get
    the idea.  These "intentions" of the INVITE are handled with
    invite-packages, defined later if we have time. "

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems