[Kamailio-Users] playing different announcements to user

Luciano Afranllie listas.luafran at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 13:57:41 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 2:47 PM, Stefan Sayer <stefan.sayer at iptego.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> o Iñaki Baz Castillo [01/12/09 17:33]:
>>>
>>> For example, if I use asterisk, should I define one extension per
>>> announcement type? Is this the common approach?
>>
>> Take a look to RFC 4240, it defines some approachs for what you want.
>> For example, section 3 " Announcement Service" suggest to use an
>> INVITE RURI with the following syntax:
>>

>>  sip:annc at ms2.example.net;play=file://fileserver.example.net//geminii/yourHoroscope.wav
>>
>> This sounds cool, but in Asterisk there is no way to read the RURI
>> parameters so it's not valid for you.
>>
>> SEMS media server allows multiple methods to set the announcement:
>> - As RURI username
>> - As RURI parameter
>> - As custom header value
>
> there is also an application that works with the RFC 4240 uri method from
> above
> http://svn.berlios.de/wsvn/sems/trunk/apps/examples/tutorial/annc_service/annc_service.py
> http://ftp.iptel.org/pub/sems/doc/current/ModuleDoc_annc_service.html
>
> Regards
> Stefan
>>

>> Any of them is valid if it works for you :)

Thank you very much guys, that was exactly what I wanted to know.

By the way, for the problem I have right know SEMS announcement
application is perfect. I will rewrite ruri user with the file name of
the announcement I want to play to the user and forward the call to
SEMS.

It is my first experience with SEMS and looks very nice.

Regards
Luciano