[Kamailio-Users] [Kamailio-Devel] compare uri and aor

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Jan 8 13:48:01 CET 2009

2009/1/8 Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>:
>> Personally I would never implement exotic URI headers. This is
>> something that should be dropped from RFC 3261 ASAP.
>> Those super-exotic "features" are fully useless and add
>> extra-complexity. Why should a header be matched when comparing an
>> URI?
>>

> Fully agree. I haven't seen URIs with headers, but they might be somewhere
> inside IMS/Telco routing...

I've seen some URI's containing headers in some hyper-xtra-exotic
drafts that will be NEVER implemented, of course.
They are things like a server receiving a request with a special body
full of URI's containing headers. So the server creates a request for
each URI and adds the URI headers as request headers.

This pathetic feature (written by somebody obviously not interested in
its implementation but in writting a paper in which his name appears)
would be never a task for a proxy but for a exotic server.

I think a proxy should never care about useless URI headers.

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>