[Kamailio-Users] Internet drops and ATA don´t register

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 10:42:11 CET 2009

Hello,

On 01/02/09 21:02, MagoDaViola wrote:

> Hello all ....
>
> I'm having a problem with our server or customers. Most of our clients
> access the server using the combination ATA and ADSL Modem, but when
> the ADSL drops and returns in a few minutes, the ATA can no longer
> make the register on SIP server. Sometimes passing through the modem
> or the requests of the ATA.
> I identified that this happens a lot with the D-Link modems DSL-500B
> and siemens SpeedStream 4200.
> If someone went through this I would your help ...

you have to troubleshoot what happens inside the home network, one
solution is to plug the ata and a computer in a hub and grab the sip
traffic. Check if the ata is sending registration and if the server gets it.

Also, set the expiration time to something low, like 5 minutes, so if
the address of the dsl router changes, the ata won't be much time offline.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com