[Kamailio-Users] stun/outbound draft...

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Sun Jan 4 09:08:23 CET 2009

Aymeric Moizard writes:

 > * TURN is used ONLY when 2 peers cannot connect together, this means
 >    that it's much better than always offering RTP relay which is
 >    the solution today.

kamailio tools allow you to choose when to use rtp relay and when not.
it is not used always in my configuration.

 > * ICE allow to certify that you are sending the RTP data to your
 >    correspondant (ther is an ICE password in SDP)

there are also other solutions for this, like quite commonly implemented
zrtp, which has the additional advantage that rtp is also encrypted.

negative aspect of ice is that the spec is VERY complicated and hard to
understand.  even the tutorial by rosenberg was too much to me.

-- juha