[Kamailio-Users] radius doesn't support in latest kamailio build, os and openser version combination recommendation needed

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Fri Feb 27 17:29:39 CET 2009

On Friday 27 February 2009, Jinsong Hu wrote:
> Does anybody have  experience with kamailio for debian build?
>
> I used debian etch and used this build
> kamailio_1.4.1_i386.deb
>
> and it can't work with radius.
>
> I had this proper configuration:
> loadmodule "auth_radius.so"
> ..
> modparam("acc", "radius_flag", 1)
> modparam("acc", "radius_missed_flag", 2)
>

> but the kamailio complains:
>
> Not starting kamailio: invalid configuration file!
>
> Feb 27 16:08:24 [1636] ERROR:core:set_mod_param_regex: parameter
> <radius_flag> not found in module <acc>
> Feb 27 16:08:24 [1636] CRITICAL:core:yyerror: parse error in config file,
> line 152, column 19-20: Can't set module parameter
> Feb 27 16:08:24 [1636] ERROR:core:main: bad config file (1 errors)

Hi Jinsong,

it seems that the accounting module was not build with the prober RADIUS
define. You can either build it from the source yourself, or build your own
debian packages. You need to enable some define, take a look to the
modules/acc/Makefile file.

> does any body have a good recommendation for OS and custom build version ?

Normally it should be just run fine on any recent linux system.

> I am trying to run it in xen 3.0 for debian etch, debian lenny,  and I
> tried opensips 1.4.4 and kamailio 1.4.1, so far I found kamailio 1.4.1
> having problem with openradius support, opensips having problem with
> documentation  and hard to find answer.  lenny kernel is not stable, some
> times the whole OS just crashes.

This is strange, perhaps something related to the XEN environment?

> Does any body have good exprience certain OS and kamailio/opensips version
> combination ?

We use normal debian and one stable version (still 1.3.x at the moment), but
there are many people that uses 1.4.x also successful.

Cheers,

Henning