[Kamailio-Users] Kamailio Newb questions

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 09:09:30 CET 2009

On 02/27/2009 12:07 AM, carl Lougher wrote:
> So if i just want to hook off the rtp stream between endpoint and sip provider then am i better off to go for a stun server than nathelper/rtpproxy?

nathelper/rtpproxy does rtp relay on server, so the rtp goes: [caller]
=== [rtpproxy] === [callee]

In case of dealing with symmetric NAT, it is the only feasible way now
to make it work.

If STUN is used, the rtp goes: [caller] === [callee] . But does not work
for symmetric nat.

The best is to combine both of them so you get as less as possible RTP
relaying on server.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com