[Kamailio-Users] Secure VoIP

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 18:27:17 CET 2009

On 02/26/2009 07:08 PM, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> 2009/2/26 Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>:
>
>> However, being out there so many phones without such support, it is
>> practically unusable since service providers won't deploy different server
>> solutions for each group of devices, so they stick to one size fits all and
>> that is not DNS for now.
>>

> Devices don't implement it, so service providers don't implement it,
> so devices don't implement it, so...  XD

I think the sip server implementations are pretty good here. Besides
that, for client interaction it is required only DNS server
configuration, nothing in sip server.

What I meant is the headache for sip server providers to deploy two
different fault tolerant solution:
- one based on DNS
- one based on shared/virtual IP or load balancer

Each of them will require maintenance, man power, etc... Anyway, even
with second option, good DNS in phones does not harm.

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com