[Kamailio-Users] Kamailio 1.4.3 Carrierroute BYE does not

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Tue Feb 17 10:54:01 CET 2009

On Tuesday 17 February 2009, Omar wrote:
> I have this scenario:
>
> I already rad about the bye2bye, the dialog module, i was not able to
> see any light there.
>

> Here is the scenario
>

> A--GW--------Kamailio(carrierroute)---------GW1---B
>
>                           |--------------GW2
>                           |--------------GW3 (etc)
>
> the capture
>
>                       |<-------------BYE----
>
> -<----NOTHING HERE<<<-|

Hi Omar,

just to clarify, you say that your BYE is not forwarded to the GW and then to
the user?

> the By does go back if the B user hangs
> it is not even attempted in the kamailio, per the traces.
> the BY generates records in the CRD from B side
> if i hang manually the bye generates CDR records from the A side.
>
> Again the Bye is understood by the kamailio and generates the CDR
> records, that is Not the problem, the Problem is i have the user A in
> silence, i am talking about the Signaling Only, not Media, no NAT.
>
> I even tried the mediaproxy (just trying)
>
> the config is like the:
> http://voipembedded.com/resources/openser_cr.cfg
>
> i added
>
>         if (has_totag()) {
>                 # sequential request withing a dialog should
>                 # take the path determined by record-routing
>                 if (loose_route()) {
>                        # mark routing logic in request
>                         append_hf("P-hint: rr-enforced\r\n");
>                       if (is_method("BYE")) {
>                                 setflag(1); # do accounting ...
>                                 setflag(3); # ... even if the transaction
>                                 # fails
>                           exit;
>                        }
>                         route(10);
>                 } else {
> [..]

Why do you have the "exit;" in the BYE case above? This causes the server to
stop processing for in-dialog BYEs gets loose-routed. Perhaps this could be
the reason for the issue you face?

Cheers,

Henning