[Kamailio-Users] Call Stateful Server

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 15:40:58 CET 2009

Hello,

your issue has nothing to do with a call stateful server.

You simply do record route in your config so for within dialog requests
the routing is don properly.

For initial invite, I assume (as I never used it) carrierroute sets the
R-URI so you just use:

 t_relay("udp:asteriskip:asteriskport");

and in asterisk you dial the address in the r-uri.

If carrierroute is setting the dst_uri, then add it as special header,
use same to forward to asterisk, but there use the special header to
dial out.

On 02/16/2009 02:54 PM, Juan Asencio wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I need some explanation about using Kamailio as a Call Stateful Proxy.
>
> I understand that Kamailio is a transaction stateful proxy. And I would
> like to learn how I can achieve a Call Stateful Proxy using Kamailio.
>
> I'm going to use Asterisk for transcoding to receive and send calls to the
> users and Kamailio should do the routing process using carrierroute,
> deciding to which carrier the calls should be sent to.
>
> Customer			            Carrier1
>   Group1  \				   /
> 	   \				  /
> 	    \				 /
> Customer ---->GW ---> Kamailio ---> GW ---> Carrier2
>   Group2    Asterisk		  Asterisk
>             /				\
> 	   /				  \
> Customer  /    			    	    Carrier3
>   Group3
>
> Now it works with x-lite, if customer1 calls to certain number the call is
> send to the correspondent carrier base on the prefix number.
> But when I add the GWs, how I can send the call to the GW IP address
> (Asterisk) and then forward to the IP address of the carrier that I
> assigned for that prefix number in my carrierroute table.
>
> Can any of you could help me to clarify this or guide me about what to
> read, so I could implement this.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Juan.-

Daniel-Constantin Mierla