[Kamailio-Users] [Kamailio-Devel] SIREMIS feedback

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 15:51:11 CET 2009

Hello Henning,

On 02/14/2009 04:41 PM, Henning Westerholt wrote:

>>> seconding Alex reply, this is also something i'd not recommend. I don't
>>> think
>>> that allowing the webserver account to access my logfiles is a good
>>> idea.
>>>
>> it would be a matter of configuration. It is about deciding if someone
>> finds it useful.
>>
>>>  If i choose to also write accounting logs, it could even read them.
>>> This is sensitive data, where a security breach would be not nice. And
>>> also i don't think that forcing the user to install a webserver with
>>>
> PHP >> on their production system is a good move.
>
>> Again, it is not a forcing. It can be turned on/off.
>>

> Hi Daniel,
>
> i belong probably not really in the target user group of this application,
> please bear with me.. ;-)
don't worry, proper discussions bring the right solutions...

>  I thought a bit longer about this, given the
> fact that this interface already communicate with some FIFO

It uses UDP for two reasons:
- to be able to communicate with sip server hosted on a different machine
- xmlrpc c library gives kicks quite often

>  commands with
> the kamailio system, the additional security risk is probably not that a
> big problem. And if its configurable i've no issue with it.

siremis is admin management interface, it should be all the time
accessed over HTTPS/TLS, and preferably via a private network.

> One thing that would certainly make sense would be to highlight certain
> log file content, filter or count certain errors classes.
Good idea -- a filtering on a given regexp would be nice as well.

>  Like this:
>
> -> server foo has 123 logs with status ERROR or higher in the last hour
> -> click here to see all that are labeled CRITICAL..
>
> -> server bar has 53 log entries, click here for a module summary..
> (would display a list with errors belonging to the core and modules)
>
> As our log format at least in this areas is stable, this would be work ok.
> Trying to match individual log statements would be probably not really
> work, as this changes more often over time, and we also don't really have
> clear defined rules for log statements.

Anyhow, looks like a bit of work, so probably will be after the kamailio
1.5.0 release...

Thanks for input,

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com