[Kamailio-Users] Kernel Message

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 22:32:36 CET 2009

On 02/12/2009 11:23 PM, Alex Balashov wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:

>>> I don't know that this results in a lot of MI commands.  I think
>>> CDRtool and its processes use a lot of MI for managing session
>>> timers and stuff like that, or maybe that's Call Control.  I'm not
>>> really familiar with AG Projects' technology stack.
>>>
>> OK, so we identified the source. Thanks a lot Alex!
>>
>> Brian, you could sniff the UDP traffic for MI datagram, are you using
>> UDP sockets or unix sockets?
>
> UNIX domain sockets.  I am not aware of a good way to "sniff" those.
> Is there one?

Never did it, but I found this after a quick googling:
http://graag.blogspot.com/2007/10/unix-socket-sniffer.html

> I suppose one could switch to UDP sockets...
This is the way I would do, then use ngrep/wiresharck/.... Hopefully the
cdrtool supports UDP sockets.

>> Anyhow, I wonder what the cdrtool would need for rating from
>> kamailio... so if you can get the commands send by cdrtool, I can
>> tell you where is the possible lock.
>
> I do not know.
>
> I've been trying to help Brian with this, but I just don't know enough
> about the AG Projects end of things.
Neither do I, but we can do reverse engineering if you learn the
commands send.

The problem could become critical, if it blocks access to some
hash/location in memory for modules (e.g., usrloc).

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com