[Kamailio-Users] UDP packet loss

Alex R.S.M alex_rsm at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 11 15:51:36 CET 2009

Hi,

I am performing SIP to SIP performance testing using Kamailio proxy (UAC-Kamailio-UAC). After increasing the load to 300 calls/sec Kamailio begins dropping UDP packets. (250 cps works fine). CPU utilization and network bandwidth looks fine. I think the bottleneck is the Linux UDP buffer size of the proxy server.  Here is the proxy server information:

$ uname -a
Linux lab-linux01 2.6.24-19-server #1 SMP Wed Jun 18 14:44:47 UTC 2008 x86_64 GNU/Linux

$ sudo sysctl -a | grep net.core.rmem_max
net.core.rmem_max = 131071

The question is if I increase the linux UDP buffer size do I need to change any configuartion parameter (like MAX_RECV_BUFFER_SIZE) in Kamailio?

Thanks,
Alex R