[Kamailio-Users] Looking for a highly available / load balanced setup

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Tue Feb 10 16:15:03 CET 2009

On Tuesday 10 February 2009, Zahid Mehmood wrote:
>     I'm wondering about how people are managing the subscriber and
> other application data in a large environment? What are people using
> to share data among the servers behind the dispatcher?  Shared
> database? db  replication?

Hi Zahid,

some people use a shared DB, e.g. mysql cluster. Some also implement some
database partioning on top of normal mysql in their server. DB replication is
also frequently used, to place your read/only data (auth, groups..) on local
host to minimize network overhead.

> A central location for collecting
> accounting records? ( I know people don't usually rely on proxy's
> accounting records but i'd still like to collect that information)

Accounting data can be easily aggregated over many servers in one DB, as each
call is normally unique for the whole system.

> Also, What is the best way to update the location information on
> server that was offline for sometime?

If one of your DBs was offline for some time, then you need to wait until the
registration is expired for read access, but continue to write to it. When
the registration expire time is over, then you can start to read again.

Cheers,

Henning