[Kamailio-Users] location table

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 19:59:08 CET 2009

Hello Joy,

On 02/05/2009 08:41 PM, joy yue wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> I checked the NW traffic, it's not very high, around 11k pkt/sec
> coming into SUT. With the similar amount of traffic, openser has not
> problem to deal with call setup/teardown, but not registration.
> Increasing udp buffer helps some, but not a lot.

then probably is whether syslog or db connection if you do authentication.

If CSeq is not properly incremented by uac and openser/kamailio starts
complaining a lot to a syncronous syslog, then it is very likely to be
the cause. Later versions of kamailio should support negative values for
debug, try to set it to -3.

Also, what is the db_mode parameter value of usrloc?

> [...]
>

>                Hi Henning/Daniel,
>
>                Sorry to take such a long time replying back.
>
>                For my rig, I am using the memory as location back-up. When
>                the issue occurs, I see many registration request sent from
>                SIPp but not many 200 replies. netstat shows a huge
>         amount of
>                packets get dropped.
>
>                Also I realized the issue only occurs when SIPp tried to
>                register many users in a very short time. With the same
>         number
>                of users, the issue goes away if registration rate is kept
>                lower. When the issue occurs, usrloc module contends lock a
>                lot calling from new_ucontact(), and many system time
>         is spent
>                in yield system calls. So it looks more like a performance
>                issue to me.
>
>                Thanks,
>                -Joy
>
>                On 1/27/09, *Henning Westerholt*
>         <henning.westerholt at 1und1.de <mailto:henning.westerholt at 1und1.de>
>                <mailto:henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
>         <mailto:henning.westerholt at 1und1.de>>
>                <mailto:henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
>         <mailto:henning.westerholt at 1und1.de>
>                <mailto:henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
>         <mailto:henning.westerholt at 1und1.de>>>> wrote:
>
>                   On Monday 26 January 2009, joy yue wrote:
>                   > Is there a limitation on the number of rows in
>         location
>                table?
>                   In my rig,
>                   > whatever number of users I use (>2million users), I
>                notice the
>                   number of
>                   > users in location table is 343707, which is far
>         less than the
>                   number of
>                   > users in my test. I thought previously that location
>                table saves
>                   all the
>                   > users in my test.
>                   >
>                   > Also when I use large number of users (>2million),
>                openser pops
>                   up an
>                   > error: ERROR: registrar:update_contacts: invalid
>         cseq for aor
>                   <xxxx>. Has
>                   > anyone saw this before? I am using openser1.3.2.
>

>                   Hi joy,
>
>                   no, there is no such a limitiation, we've more
>         registered
>                users.
>                   The invalid
>                   CSEQ error you see is not related to this
>         observation. The
>                error
>                   means that a
>                   device tried to do re-registration (same callid), but
>                without properly
>                   increasing the Cseq number in the REGISTER request -
>                RFC3261 says that
>                   requests from the same dialog (like REGISTER +
>         re-REGISTER)
>                must have
>                   increasing cseq.
>
>                   What db_mode do you use in your usrloc? Do you see

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com