[Kamailio-Users] Newbie questions

Antonio Goméz Soto antonio.gomez.soto at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 20:47:49 CET 2009

Op 28-12-09 20:17, Alex Balashov schreef:
> On 12/28/2009 01:50 PM, Antonio Goméz Soto wrote:
>
>> Hm, now I am getting a bit worried. Scaling up my asterisk setup using
>> OpenSER will definitely not be as easy as I thought...
>>

 > I think you may have misunderstood what it is people mean when they say
 > that they use OpenSER to help horizontally scale their use of Asterisk
 > out.

Alex,

Indeed I had the impression that you could build a highly scalable
professional PBX using openSER and some bits of asterisk for some media
processing, but as you state it, their roles are quite different.

I already think of asterisk as a kind of httpd for voice applications,
on which you should build a PBX (like you build a website on apache).
And apparently this analogy can be extended to include openSER
as a proxy, just like Squid can be for HTTP.

So my next steps will be to decide where to register my phones,
how to keep multiple asterisk servers synced together, and how to
properly load-balance them using kamailio.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Antonio