[Kamailio-Users] Newbie questions

Antonio Goméz Soto antonio.gomez.soto at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 16:54:42 CET 2009

Hi,

I have used asterisk before, but now am looking at kamailio for scaling up.
I've read 'Building Telephony Systems with OpenSER', but I still have lots
  of questions.... so, here it goes:

- I could not find a way to reboot a phone remotely, can it send
   SIP NOTIFY to all phones?

- does it have something like the Asterisk Manager Interface,
   so I can connect/create an operator panel for it? Does that
   already exist somewhere? Something like FOP where operators can
   transfer calls, and check availability?

- according to the docs it is not a BTBUA. What does this mean?
   I know that asterisk is a BTBUA, but what can a BTBUA do that a
   SIP proxy cannot? Is it only the moh and conferences?

- lastly, is there a good tutorial on load-balancing somewhere?

Thanks,
Antonio.