[Kamailio-Users] Reboot phones

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Dec 14 22:40:18 CET 2009

On Mon, December 14, 2009 10:17 pm, David wrote:
> I have noticed that when I try to use kamctl to reboot phones, it comes
> back with simply "400". I tried using the fifo interface and the phone
> asked the server to identify itself using the phone's username and
> password.

Hello David,

this is probably due the fact that the kamctl only triggers a proprietary
extensions in some (cisco) phones. I'm not sure if this extension is also
implemented in other phones.

> How do people generally use the kamctl to reboot phones?

If your CPEs support TR69 you should be able to use this protocol to
interact with your devices, including a reboot. In order to implement this
you need an ACS service, this is not possible to do with kamctl or
generelly SIP means.

Regards,

Henning