[Kamailio-Users] Rewrite $tU

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Dec 10 15:17:07 CET 2009

10 dec 2009 kl. 15.04 skrev Iñaki Baz Castillo:

> El Jueves, 10 de Diciembre de 2009, David escribió:
>> Hey,
>>
>> I need to rewrite the $tU variable on a packet before it is relayed. It
>> is ok if the change is only on the relayed packet and the $tU variable
>> change. The important thing is that I modify the To header, it seems
>> that rewritting $tU would be the easiest.
>
> $tU is not writable, but just readable.
> If you want to change the "To" header you should do some "dirty" replacing
> operation (see textops module).

This is propably something we need to change and make the To and From headers writable.
It's not dirty to change them any more.

David: In the original SIP 1.0 protocol the To/From headers was part of the dialog identification, thus you where not allowed to change them in a proxy. THis was kept in RFC3261 - sip v2 - but has been removed in an additional RFC a short while ago (seen from SIP history).

Regards,
/O