[Kamailio-Users] kam 1.5 dispatcher priority usage

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Thu Dec 10 12:46:45 CET 2009

On Freitag, 6. November 2009, Robert McGilvray wrote:
> > That's exactly what it does.  Obviously, it is relevant only to
> > certain distribution strategies/algorithms.
>
> I misstated that a bit. I'm interested in more of a weighting system
> similar to that in SRV records. I'd still like to balance the load
> across the lesser gateways just have a higher ratio go to gateway X.

Hello Bob,

don't know the dispatcher module that much. But the carrierroute module
supports also a operation mode without database which we use on our balancer
class systems. In the module configuration file you could specify for each
host a certain percentage of the traffic which will be distributed from hash
over certain message fields to them.

More details can be found in the configuration, e.g. Example 1.19 in:
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/1.5.x/carrierroute.html

Regards,

Henning